October 3rd : First Reading
A reading from the book of Job 42: 1–3, 5–6, 12–17
Job answered the Lord and said: “ I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. ‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’ Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you; therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” And the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning. And he had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand yoke of oxen, and one thousand female donkeys. He had also seven sons and three daughters. And he called the name of the first daughter Jemimah, and the name of the second Keziah, and the name of the third Keren-happuch. And in all the land there were no women so beautiful as Job’s daughters; and their father gave them an inheritance among their brothers. And after this Job lived for one hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons’ sons, four generations. And Job died, an old man, and full of days.
The Word of the Lord.
S
கருத்துகள் இல்லை:
கருத்துரையிடுக